1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Front leveling kit with HT plow

Discussion in 'Fisher Engineering Discussion' started by cycleman, Feb 10, 2011.

1. cycleman

cycleman Junior Member

I was wondering of consequences of installing the Rough Country leveling kit on the front of truck. I have a 2010 Chev. Silverado 1500 4x4 with HD springs and snowplow package - but would like to raise the front. The kit will raise it 2".
    Right now the push plate height must be more than 16" above ground since the A-frame and lift ram are in the lower headgear holes. Right now I have 200 lbs. of ballast in the back but still think the plow hangs too low.

2. BIGCUBES427

BIGCUBES427 Junior Member

make sure to have alignment rechecked after the kit is installed.

3. fx4plowin

fx4plowin Member

I run a 3" hell bent steel front leveling kit on my 04 f150 with an HT hanging off the front, no complaints here, and as for the ALIGNMENT, good luck with any type of lift its almost impossible to adjust caaster or camber, all you can do is pretty much get the wheel back to straight

4. RepoMan207

RepoMan207 PlowSite Fanatic
    from Maine

Honestly.....if you need a leveling kit for the use of an HT plow....your asking the wrong question gentlemen; What should I trade my truck in for?

Sorry if this comes across as assholish, but come on guys. Either take it for what it is and only use it on your drive, or buy an appropriate truck for your needs. If ballast isn't enough.....then your truck isn't big enough.

5. fx4plowin

fx4plowin Member

not even going there with you!!!!!! just keep talking about a plow you know nothing about and never used!!!!!!

Last edited: Feb 14, 2011
  6. plowguy43

plowguy43 PlowSite Fanatic

He's not off on his comments, Fisher intended it as a light duty personal use plow. It uses the same hydraulics as the homesteader which is another light duty plow. Can you use it for more- yes - but it wasn't intended for it. My snowbear lasted almost @ seasons of plowing with 9 accounts but it took a beating and broke often.

7. fx4plowin

fx4plowin Member

pretty sure the hydros are different, matter a fact i know for a fact, and last time i looked it was built for light commercial, says it plain as day

8. RepoMan207

from Maine

I so wish I were at my computer right now....the short version is this.....don't blame me for your insecurities and short man syndrome complex...it is what it is. I'm not blaming you for having a smaller truck, or equipment. I said what I said for a reason, and it wasn't because I was talking out of my asss, take it how you want after that.

9. fx4plowin

fx4plowin Member

better yet im not arguing anymore everyone seems to think they are junk, yet its way better than my 8' hd and everyone of you that bashes it has never even had, or tryed one so as far as im concerned your opinion means nothing, you stick with your plows and quit bashing averyone that has a smaller plow that does the exact same thing!!!!!!
    keep talking all you want, bottom line is im 6'6" 286 lbs and would have no problem saying it to your face, just cause you need a v plow to plow doesnt mean people that use straight blades are junk, it just means you need a more expensive heavier plow cuase a straight blade is to much work for you.......im done bye

Last edited: Feb 14, 2011
  10. RepoMan207

from Maine

It has no warranty for commercial use for a reason........

11. RepoMan207

from Maine

It has nothing to do with preference you clown....... Go back and read

12. fx4plowin

fx4plowin Member

funny im reading the paperwork that says commercial is covered!!!!!!!!!!! OH wait i forgot you know everything about the plow that you dont own!!!!!! buh bye now

13. plowguy43

You really seem to take offense to anything regarding the HT. The reason it scrapes well is the attack angle. Believe me an 8'HD is a better plow especially when you start having higher snow falls.

14. RepoMan207

from Maine

First off, Yes, I was wrong...I must have been thinking about the HS. I do however think you left out "na na na na poo poo" from your little rant.

Secondly......are you paying attention.....could you come closer to the screen please?...put your glasses on if you so have them.....

THE DISCUSSION HERE IS NOT WHETHER THE PLOW IS JUNK OR NOT.

I never once said that.....nor would I. I think D&D made an awesome move with the addition of the HT. The HS is WAY undersized in my opinion....it is a perfect solution to the standard 1/2 ton sized trucks.

What is being discussed here.....is if your truck.....got that; truck, not plow.... can't handle even that small of a plow, then you should either consider buying a bigger truck, trade it for an HS, or only use it on your drive.

If I remember right there was 3 variations to the new style F-150's front ends...1 if not 2 of them were not even recommended for an HT plow....I some how suspect that is your case, but I won't jump to any conclusions on that just yet. We wouldn't want you to get your panties in anymore of a bunch after all. Besides, god forbid if I speak out of turn before first confirming that little tid bit.

If you had come back blasting me for not considering upgrading your front end....this would've been a whole other situation....but instead you go off on the fact that I have never used an HT and that I supposedly called it junk.?.?.? What does that even matter, and where the hell did I ever say that? I think that brings us back to "off topic" doesn't it?

I think it's both pathetic and amusing at how much you got worked up over this.....Take a Valium kid, you'll be alright.....even if your....equipment is inadequate lol.

15. plowguy43

I'd have to agree, the Chevy 1500 is pretty pathetic if it can't hold an HT without assistance.

16. fx4plowin

fx4plowin Member

First off, NOT a kid, second off ford only made ONE truck that the HT was not recommended for and that was a crew cab with a 5.5' bed. the thing that gets me is how your one of those "i know everything there is to know" kinda people. i would have not one problem telling you that to your face either! If you read into the fords, FORD themselves say that the f150 can hold up to a 650lb plow with no problem!(i can put it into a post if you would like) and as far as my equipment goes i could give a dam less if some poindexter on here thinks it not good enough! it makes me plenty of money! so go post somewhere else with your silver spoon in your ass! bottom line is, do not talk **** about something if you know nothing about it!! why else would you want to talk about if you have never touched one, No nothing about it, and get insecure when not everything revolves around your V-Blades!!!! but rather a newer plow that people are growing to like!!! just drop it cause im not posting here again

17. plowguy43

2 Things,

1. He has an XLS not a Vplow- the avatar was a picture of a plow he assembled for a friend.

2. How do you have a GSXR1000 setup to stomp a mudhole? My crotch rockets were never good in sand let alone mud- can you explain further.

I'll leave the rest to Repo as I'm sure he'll respond.

18. BIGCUBES427

BIGCUBES427 Junior Member

Ya I guess I would take that answer as being an *******. So what if the guy wants to put a leveling kit in his truck, big deal. Your saying that his truck cant handle it. Your 2500hd must not sag at all in the front when you put your XLS on right. Truck sat level right? If you say ya it did I call you a liar right to your face.

Dieter

19. RepoMan207

from Maine

You obviously have no clue son. I never once claim to know everything, and if you had so much as one ounce of a clue as to who I am....even on here....your not even worth the breath guy...or sorry; kid. I know this much....your a insecure tool. It's that simple.

BTW, I know full well that it (F-150) isn't worthy.....I owned one, and I got rid of it for that exact reason. It's POS when it comes to the front end, it's just that simple.

Silver spoon???? Yes, because that makes soooo much sense. :rolleyes:

20. fx4plowin

fx4plowin Member

Wow I'm so sorry you are way better than me, I had no idea, **** off! Ur a piece of **** and prolly older than you stupid ass anyway! Grow a set of nuts and get over yourself! Ur a nobody that has nothing better to do than get on this site and act like a bad ass! If your so ******* big and think that your so much better than everyone maybe I'll take a dri ve to your state and put you in your place like your ******* dad should have you spoiled *****! I own more than you can dream of! That's right own! No mortgage no payments and 1r vehicles, to park at my 385000$ house that's paid in full! Ur just a ***** that Can't stand up to truth and you think your better than everyone! Maybe I'll put you in your ******* place and post that on here like an immature spoiled ***** such as yourself I'm done now buh bye delete my acct for all I care