1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

front leafs

Discussion in 'Ford Trucks' started by A&MLANDSCAPING, Nov 11, 2010.

A&MLANDSCAPING Junior Member

i have a 2001 f350 and was woundering if f550 front leafs would fit on it and if it would raise the front end up at all
  2. six4powerstroke

six4powerstroke Member
    from CHICAGO

not sure on leafs but i have an 08 f350 with f550 front coils that bolt right up. hopefully someone with chime in
  3. Flipper

Flipper PlowSite.com Addict
    from CT

The springs will bolt right up. As for raising the truck it may or may not. The X code spring was the highet spring rate available for all leaf sprung Superduties. Its a 6000lb front axle rating. Look at the door tag. If you already have a 6000 lb rating you have the max springs. All 450-550 and many 350 C&Cs had this. Even 350 pickups could have it as an option.

Other spring rates are 5200 and 4800 (I think). FYI snowplow prep did not automatically mean 6000lbs springs in a 350. I have one I bought used with snowplow prep that only had 5200lb springs.
  4. 350 STROKER

350 STROKER Member

when i did the x codes on my 01 it leveled the truck, raised the front about 2"