1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Front leaf springs for 92 F-250HD

Discussion in 'Ford Trucks' started by Chipper, Jul 29, 2011.

1. Chipper

Chipper Member

Could some one point me in the right direction for new leaf springs. Looking for a part number or a specific company that you may have used. Stock ride height, no lift.. Thinking F-350 springs if they will fit on the dana 50.
    Crawled underneath to replace the exhaust and noticed I have less than a inch of suspension between the bump stops and the springs. Without the plow on. So I must be riding around bottomed out on the bump stops with the plow. Truck is a 92 F-250 HD with the 7.3l diesel auto.
    Would rather replace the springs than just add air bags.
    Thanks Chip

2. rick502

rick502 Member
    from Vermont

Spring site

Chip - this is where I started - got link from local Ford guy. They are expensive but have some good info on their site.

http://www.generalspringkc.com/index.php?p=catalog&parent=81&pg=1

I ended up calling around to few spring shops in my area - best price was at Fleetpride, a heavy duty truck parts distributor. They are nationwide so may be one near you.

3. snowplowpro

snowplowpro Senior Member
    from NJ