1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

front hydraulics

Discussion in 'Heavy Equipment' started by cat320, Dec 24, 2000.

1. cat320

cat320 2000 Club Member

I was thinking of putting out front aux. hydraulics on my 580L so i can put a 4 way plow and 4n1 bucket.Has any one ever converted a case with basic controls to the out front aux hydraulics?

2. SLSNursery

SLSNursery PlowSite.com Veteran

How did you get along without it?

My 580 had the hydraulics from the factory. But I just wanted to comment that the 4-in-1 bucket is one of the most useful items we have. Not only for special jobs, even for day to day stuff that you would never think of using it for. I guess what I'm saying is that unless it is off of the wall expensive, and/or you are thinking about getting rid of the machine, go for it. You will not be disappointed.

However, I would check the cost versus a trade in on a new machine - maybe a good time to upgrade. I just saw some 'M' models on the lot!

Get the factory pistol grip type control. It's like a natural extension of your fist.

3. cat320

cat320 2000 Club Member

When I got the machine it didn't have one on it but it was in such good shape and the price was right.I really think that the 4n1 is a good tool to have and i would get one on new machine.Can't wait to see the new m series in person only saw it in print.