1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Front Hub!!

Discussion in 'Ford Trucks' started by Dcon, Dec 7, 2004.

1. Dcon

Dcon Junior Member

03 3/4 Super Duty. This Is The Second Winter Plowing And The Other Day I Went To Manually Lock My Front Hubs, And They Wouldn't Turn. I Sprayed A LittLE Silicone Spray Around Hub, And It Helped A Little But Still Tough To Lock & Unlock???

2. Bolts Indus.

Bolts Indus. PlowSite.com Addict

Take them off and clean them and when you assemble, only put a tad of light ,very light lubricant on them.

3. Tarkus

Tarkus PlowSite.com Addict

Yes it sounds like they are a bit dry or moisture got in them. Take them off and sak them in Kerosene to remove all lube from them and start fressh with new grease. Use a fairly light grade of and and be sure to coat all parts well but do not pack it full.

4. infineon954

infineon954 Senior Member

Had the same problem. Take 'em off, get dust and debris off, and lube them a little. I used a dab of white lithium grease(hope thats not a bad thing). They work like new now

5. Tarkus

Tarkus PlowSite.com Addict

I use what ever kind of grease is in the main bearing area of hub.

6. 82F100SWB

82F100SWB Junior Member

I had this happen twice on my '00 in a span of a month, took 'em apart and lubed them, and they were good to go again.
    Then I had a spindle bearing go out and take out the passengers side hub. I swapped to the Warn premiums off of my 86 F250 as it was a Sunday and I needed 4wd... They're a bit of a PITA to lock and unlock in the cold, but, they don't get stuck like the stockers would. One of these days I'm going to get a set of Warn standards...