1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Front hitch with push plates?

Discussion in 'Fisher Engineering Discussion' started by glennemay, Jul 21, 2011.

1. glennemay

glennemay Member

OK. So I have been moving trailers in and out of hangers lately. Seems to me that some of these would be FAR easier to push around airplanes with a front hitch. however since I have push plates on for my plow I don't think I can just slap a hitch in the middle of the truck.

Has anyone fabricated a from mounted hitch that mounts into the push plates? if so I would love some pictures?

Thanks
    glenn

2. glennemay

glennemay Member

OK, so I should have searched better.

http://www.plowsite.com/showthread.php?t=82914

Looks like someone has done this. I would like to know how anyone who has worked out the mounting pins, etc? Did you get just a junk plow and cut off the insert tabs? Or did yo fabricate from the start?

Thanks again.

Glenn

3. plowguy43

plowguy43 PlowSite Fanatic

I purchased a plow off a guy who fabbed his own pushbar/winch combo that mounted to his Fisher Push Plates. All he did was get a MM1 headgear and remove the top half of it (the part that holds the triangle and lights). He then welded a plate and extra metal to create a push bar on top of the MM1 headgear and bolted up the winch. He said it works great for hunting and pulling the truck out when he got stuck.

4. glennemay

glennemay Member

Thanks. I was thinking the same thing. A swiss army front piece when the plow is stored. Personally if someone could put one in production at a reasonnablle price, they could probably make themselves a fair check at the end of the week. :)

G