1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Front Hitch and Fisher Push Plates

Discussion in 'Fisher Engineering Discussion' started by provfirescott, Aug 8, 2009.

1. provfirescott

provfirescott Senior Member
    from Ma

Because I have a fisher plow on my 2005 dodge Ram 3500 CTD and my plow plates bolt to where a hidden hitch would go,I couldnt use any aftermarket hidden hitches.
    The other choice was the Bodiak and have heard about them twisting.
    So I got a used plow setup and attached a hitch to the lower mounts and have a removeable hitch setup that will hold ANY weight I will ever need.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. Flipper

Flipper PlowSite.com Addict
    from CT

That's nice, especially if you are going to move trailers around etc.

However, if it was me (and I have made one) I would have gotten a couple pieces of 2x4 tube and cut the ends to fit over the Fisher horns and drilled them so they could pin on. Then you could weld or bolt that basket, a receiver hitch, bike rack or whatever to it. The two mounts would have been much more stable and the whole setup would have been closer to the truck. We even mount leaf vacs to the Fisher mounts.

3. SuperdutyShane

SuperdutyShane PlowSite.com Addict

Hmm. If it was me I would just back the trailer in :p And as far as that little cart on the front I would just put the stuff in the bed :p Haha. Thats cool though. Looks like a pretty good setup.

4. provfirescott

from Ma

We have a truck camper that fits in the bed and extends past my rear hitch.
    I need extra space to carry wood,cooler,whatever in the front when we take the truck/camper on the beach.
    Its not intended to use a trailer backer-upper.If you cant back up the regular way you shoudnt be towing things anyway.Just my opinion of course.

5. provfirescott

from Ma

This is what goes in my bed(Camper)
    [​IMG]

6. SuperdutyShane

SuperdutyShane PlowSite.com Addict

Haha. Oh I didnt know. Yah I agree that if you cant back up a trailer you shouldnt be hauling anything.. Is your truck a diesel? I swear to god I saw your truck at the mall in Salem NH a couple days ago.

7. provfirescott

from Ma

Shane truck is a diesel but havent been to NH in a while.

8. Banksy

Banksy PlowSite Veteran

Rock on!! Nice simple setup.

9. stillen

stillen Senior Member

I really like that, very versitile and it removes....... Looking a tad closer I noticed you still have your factory recovery loops.... I have a dodge 2500 and a fisher and I was told by both dodge where I work AND fisher dealer that I could NOT keep the recovery loops when i added the fisher ears...... the ears mount the exact same holes as where the recovery loops are,.... I looked one day and yes sure enough thats where my recovery loops where......... Im wonder howd they keep both on yours....

sorry to hijack...... i just figured since we're on the subject of this area...

10. provfirescott

from Ma

well I put the push plates on myself and had also heard that but when I installed the plates the brackets didnt even come close to matching up with the tow hooks.