1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

front hide a way strobes in 2001 F-350

Discussion in 'Truck & Equipment Repair' started by 350 STROKER, Nov 17, 2006.

1. 350 STROKER

350 STROKER Member

Afternoon all, Getting ready to put my first hide a way kit in my truck this weekend and wondering if anyone could help me with the placement of the tube on the front of the truck? I did a search and found info the rears but nothing for the front markers.. thanks for the help

2. sbrennan007

sbrennan007 Senior Member

I've always put them in the turn signal. You want to put them as close as possible to the turn signal light so that they give the best light output. Just to make sure that they don't touch.
  3. harley hauler

harley hauler Senior Member

I have mine in the headlights, whelen say's they need to be 1" away from the headlight bulb.
  4. BlueLine Ent

BlueLine Ent Senior Member

exactly....just drill the hole about 3 inches from the center of the signal light hole, towards the engine compartment side of the signal
  5. 350 STROKER

350 STROKER Member

thanks everyone for your help.. i can't wait to see how they look, i've wanted to do this for years but I was always too cheap..
  6. justme-

justme- 2000 Club Member

Check your state laws before mounting them in the headlights- it's illegal in many states- Mass included....
  7. 350 STROKER

350 STROKER Member

i put them in he marker lights.. they are bright as hell. i'm curious to see if the front ones bother me when we've been plowing for a while..
  8. BlueLine Ent

BlueLine Ent Senior Member

oh yeahhhhh you bet they will, especially when its snowing real fast...its like a bad disco haha