1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Front Fender Flairs.

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by White Gardens, Jan 22, 2012.

1. White Gardens

White Gardens 2000 Club Member

I'm looking to put some extra wide fender flairs on the front of my C3500HD. It's an 01, but it has the previous body style on it.

Right now it has the stock 2.5" flares on it. I would like to find 4.5"-5" flares. As it sits right now they don't completely cover the tires with the solid/wide front axle. The road spray I get on the side of my truck and windows is pretty bad during a storm, or directly afterwards when the roads are wet from melting.

I've been looking around on-line, but didn't know if there is some Chevy enthusiasts that would know of a specific brand. Right now I haven't really found anything to write home about.

I've also contemplated fabbing some fiberglass extensions by cutting them off a kodiax or Top Kick hood, but would probably be too much modification and the flairs are the easiest option.

2. White Gardens

Another thing I want to add is that with my cab and chassis, I have the 4" extended shroud and trim piece for the over-sized radiator and body lift. So ultimately an aftermarket part is going to leave me with a 4" gap between the end of the flare and the bumper.

3. White Gardens

4. 2COR517

2COR517 PlowSite Fanatic

You don't want fiberglass. Need something that will flex without breaking.

5. White Gardens

That's why I'm steering towards the pacer flexible universal fit. I haven't found anything that will match with the extra 4" towards the front/bottom of the well. That and the extra wide model is 4.5", and I think that will do the trick.

That and I can trim them where I need to easily, such as running them down farther to my running boards.