1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Front End

Discussion in 'Residential Snow Removal' started by RAM-97, Dec 4, 2004.

1. RAM-97

RAM-97 Junior Member
    from eastern

I Recently Mounted A Fisher 7.5 Rd Mm2 To My 97 Dodge Ram 1/2 Ton 6.5 Box W/5.9 Liter Engine. I Placed 600 Lbs. Of Ballast Behind The Rear Axle. I Only Plan To Plow Two Residential Driveways That Are Located Next To One Another. Do I Require Any Additional Modifications To The Front End Of My Truck?

Last edited: Dec 4, 2004
  2. Tarkus

Tarkus PlowSite.com Addict

Sounds like a roll to me unless front is sagging or feel too soft to you with plow on.

3. RAM-97

RAM-97 Junior Member
    from eastern

Thanks For Your Reply,
    I Have Been Reading So Many Different View Points On The Subject That It's Confusing. The Truck Has Very Little Sag When The Blade Is Up, I Would Say Maybe An Inch Or So. The Shocks Are Probably A Little Tired As The Mileage Is In The 66 Thousands. When I Was Looking Through The Dodge Forum, It Seemed That The General Consensus Was Toward Replacing The Springs With H-duties. My Truck Has A Towing Package, With A Transmission Cooler, But I Don't Know If That Includes A Heavier Suspension Pkg Like The Plow Package Does. Would I Get More Responses By Posting My Question On The Dodge Forum Instead Of Personal Use Sight.

4. Tarkus

Tarkus PlowSite.com Addict

A dodge 1/2 ton of that era is a lot stouter than a ford 1/2 ton of that era so I see no real issues if is it is not sagging with current springs and you did your homework and got your ballast too. Good Luck! :waving: