1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Front End

Discussion in 'Residential Snow Removal' started by Saltwater Joys, Dec 1, 2004.

1. Saltwater Joys

Saltwater Joys Junior Member

I have yet to use my Sno-Way plow. Had it mounted on the truck once just to check operation. I was wondering if I should adjust the Torsoin up front to compensate for the extra weight. The plow weighs approx 500lb and is mounted on a 2001 Chev Silverado ext cab 4x4. I will only be plowing my home drive way and approx 1/2 mile of road to my cabin. Any suggestions.
  2. jcald

jcald Junior Member

Try to use timbrens that should help.
  3. Tarkus

Tarkus PlowSite.com Addict

I would just crank it a bit is you think it is sagging some as ride quality will suffer with timbrens especaily unloaded.
  4. Crumm

Crumm Senior Member

Are you going to remove the plow between snow storms? If so I would not do anything. If you are leaving the plow on for an extended period of time then a little crank on the bars might be in order. For personal use Timbrens are not needed. They give a much stiffer ride than most personal plowers like.