1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Front end spacers

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by motormouse172, Nov 19, 2014.

1. motormouse172

motormouse172 Member
    from usa

Anyone use 2" puck style spacers to lift the front end of a 2013 Chevy 2500? The truck sits down in the front stock and with a plow it's even lower. Leveling out the truck would look much better. Using spacers seems like the easiest/best way to do so. Thanks in advance!

2. snowymassbowtie

snowymassbowtie Member

If your talking about the old school backyard way of doing a body lift it wont help.All that will do is seperate the body from the frame 2".You need to turn up the torsion bars if its too low,3-4 turns to start with and see how that looks. I f the truck came with plow prep it should have heavier torsions bars to hold the weight better but turnong the bars up will raise the front of the truck. You can add timbrens to support the weight with the torsion bar adjustment.

3. JustJeff

JustJeff 2000 Club Member

Don't you have torsion bars that you can turn up?

4. motormouse172

motormouse172 Member
    from usa

I'm talking about the pucks that go in the spring pockets. Even without the plow the truck sits low in the front. 13 2500 4x4 w/6.0. I will try the torsion bars but the pucks seemed like a great idea. I just don't know of anyone using them. The truck doesn't sag much with plow but sits low at all times in the front .

5. GetMore

GetMore Senior Member

Spring pockets?

6. dieselss

dieselss PlowSite Fanatic

Do you have coil springs or torsion bars? You agreed to both

7. motormouse172

motormouse172 Member
    from usa

Yea, I'm confusing myself!

Torsion bars.

I had a 04 GMC dually and I remember turning them9torsion bars) up to raise the front end with no issues? Now I'm reading not to turn up the bars on my 13. Some say 4 turns is enough. I may just crank bars 4 turns and see what it does.

8. dieselss

Ok then "spacers" aren't for you

9. TLB

TLB Senior Member

When you are done turning the bars don't forget you will need a frontend alignment to finish it up.

10. motormouse172

motormouse172 Member
    from usa

exactly! I was web searching and typing.

11. dieselss

Multitasking...Lol