1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

front end question

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by DJC, May 31, 2004.

1. DJC

DJC Senior Member

we have a 2002 ford superduty.........P/S with a 6ft box. Going to put a blizzard 8-10 plow on it. What is the best additions to accommodate the front end. Do you use air bags or at another leave??????

2. PLOWMAN45

PLOWMAN45 2000 Club Member

i put a 8ft pro western on f350 crew short box with p/s and the front doesnt move

3. lrt116

lrt116 Junior Member

Check your front spring ratings, if you have the plow package it should have 5200 pound front springs. I have those in my 2004 F-250 and the front end sits higher than the back end when it is empty. If it has those springs you probably won't need anything additional.

4. DJC

DJC Senior Member

even so can you beef it up ????? thanks for the info.....

5. DJC

DJC Senior Member

I will have to check on the plow package. THANKS!!!!

6. snoking

snoking Senior Member

i have an 01 superduty with 9-2 boss(approx. 950lbs) doesnt budge the trucks...i wouldnt worry about it ford has a solid front axel which makes it carry weight better....as dodge dodge and i have half tons with 9-0 meyer huskies on them

7. PLOWMAN45

PLOWMAN45 2000 Club Member

you put a 9.0 ft husky on 1500 thats insane i have husky's on 3/4 to 1 trucks but to each his own :eek:

8. DJC

DJC Senior Member

I checked and yes it has the 5200 pound front springs

9. cjc810

cjc810 Member
    from RI

I have a 2000 f250 with an 810 on it with the 5200lb axle and the truck handles it just fine.

10. DJC

DJC Senior Member

what tires do run in the winter???

11. MickiRig1

MickiRig1 PlowSite Veteran

I would run at least the listed ( size) on your drivers door sticker. Most people go a step up on load rating: 235 / 78 /16 --> 245 / 78 / 16 or heavier as an example. I have two sets of tires, winter and summer. Mud and snow tires seem to work the best for plowing.
    Asking the best brand names another story! The tires that most times come with the new truck are meant for street use, cause they don't make a lot of noise and ride nice. So the fair weather drivers don't complain.

Last edited: Jun 6, 2004
  12. DJC

DJC Senior Member

Thanks for the reply

13. kl0an

kl0an Senior Member

I've got a set of studded mud and snow tires on rims for my truck.. First sign of snow, they get put right on..

The studs don't really mean anything for me, I'm just too lazy to pull them out..

My personal truck before I switched to strictly drivin my plow was a 2 wheel drive S-10 for 12 years.. Here in Alaska, that's pretty tricky to do but, you adjust your driving based on the vehicle you have and the conditions.. You'll do the same with your tires..