1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Front end out of level side to side

Discussion in 'Ford Trucks' started by SalNazzaro, Mar 27, 2013.

1. SalNazzaro

SalNazzaro Senior Member

Ok so I had a 2.5" leveling kit and an adjustable track bar installed on my f350, got it aligned so the front axle is centered and all. The passenger side front sits a little over an inch higher than the drivers side front, I took a look and the top and bottom ends of the coils are seated in the notches where there supplied to, I had an 06 do this to me but an adjustable track bar was supposed to fix it but apparently didn't. I have no idea where to go from here.

2. 1olddogtwo

1olddogtwo PlowSite Fanatic

Have u checked your rear height?

3. SalNazzaro

SalNazzaro Senior Member

Rear is fine, in this months issue of diesel power they installed a 6" lift on a new f250 and said the truck was 1" lower on the drivers side from the beginning, I just can't see how that would be possible

4. linckeil

linckeil PlowSite.com Addict
    from CT

did you take menasurements prior to the leveling kit being installed?

if yes and all was ok, then you know its an issue with the leveling kit or its installation - go back to the installer.

if yes and it was out of whack, then you should have gone back to ford before putting the kit in.

if no, then the installer may point a finger at ford, and ford won't touch it because its been modified.

5. SalNazzaro

SalNazzaro Senior Member

I didn't measure before and after, nothing looks any different form side to side and the springs are the same measurement and all so ones not being compressed, I'm going to have to call my mechanic but it doenst look like there's anything to change to make it level

6. SalNazzaro

SalNazzaro Senior Member

Just called my mechanic were going to put it on the lift and measure up until we find what's out of whack

7. 1olddogtwo

1olddogtwo PlowSite Fanatic

Where are u takings you're measurement from?

8. SalNazzaro

SalNazzaro Senior Member

I'm not sure yet he just said we'll measure from one thing to another from side to side to try and figure out what's different. I also heard from someone else that they've seen other new Superdutys with a lower driver side due to the extra weight of all the steering and components and the fuel tank, seems odd to me

9. linckeil

linckeil PlowSite.com Addict
    from CT

if its not the kit or the installation of the kit, then pull it out, put it all back to stock, and go to ford with the leaning truck. just hope they don't find evidence of things being tinkered with. they'll probably claim the plow did it anyway.....

i've done many leveling kits and always take measurements before hand. i do it primiarily to see how much lift i actually get out of the kit, but it also tells me if i'm starting with a good base, or if something is already out of whack.

10. SalNazzaro

SalNazzaro Senior Member

My 06 f350 did it and I'm not sure if my 08 did it but my alignment shop said my 08 did it and that an adjustable track bar would fix the problem since the shifted axle was making the springs compress and tilt, so I did it right and got an adjustable track bar, I just measured it and the whole drivers side is 1/2" lower, that's not as bad but there's times like when I came out of lunch and could see my truck tilting bad