1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Front end noise

Discussion in 'Ram Trucks' started by Diesel Nick, Apr 21, 2010.

1. Diesel Nick

Diesel Nick Member

I have a noise in the front end and not sure what it could be. It started off as a humming noise when I would hit dips in the road. I checked the tires and they were good. Now I have the humming noise plus when Im stopping I can hear a clicking type noise when coming to a stop. Im not sure if it is the u/joints or something in the front diff. U/joints were replace less than a year and 8k miles ago. Any Ideas?

Thanks
    Nick

2. bltp203

bltp203 Senior Member

Could be your hubs.......they are sealed one piece units, so you just cant replace the bearing. I have 66,000 miles on mine and I can tell they are starting to go.

3. plowguy43

plowguy43 PlowSite Fanatic

I was going to say hubs as well.

4. Diesel Nick

Diesel Nick Member

Thanks for the info, but I replaced both hubs in oct, could they be bad already?

5. plowguy43

Hmm...does it do anything while turning?

6. Diesel Nick

Diesel Nick Member

Nope, nothing when turning. Just when I slow down.

7. plowguy43

I'd jack up the fron end and spin the tires by hand and listen. See if you can find out where its coming from.