1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Front end loader with a snow blower

Discussion in 'Heavy Equipment' started by redhenny16, Jan 24, 2005.

1. redhenny16

redhenny16 Senior Member

Today a guy showed up at work to move some snow piles back with a Volvo front end loader. Only this loader had a quick attach/detach hydraulic drive snow blower mounted in place of the bucket. He would start out by lifting the blower and blow the top 3-4 feet of snow off of the pile and then lower it and finish the piles off. It was a treat to watch, I only wish that I had my camera. Does anyone have some pictures of loader mounted snow blowers they can post?

2. bolensdriver

bolensdriver Senior Member

I do. My town has a snowblower for their loader.. they actually have three. But only two loaders. I'll post pics tonight when I scan them.

3. 04superduty

04superduty PlowSite.com Addict

4. Ole JIM

Ole JIM Senior Member

I Assume You have Never SURENDED!--in referance to It NOT HURTING?--I had a Buddy that Did Just THAT!--& He Paid DEARLY--

5. Ole JIM

Ole JIM Senior Member

The Construction Co I used to Work for had a Big CAT Loader w/a Snow Blower on IT--& I allways Thought? it was the Best of Both Worlds!--

6. HIGHWAYMAN

HIGHWAYMAN Member

we have one we put on front of 938 cat it moves alot of snow, fills 10 wheeler in about 30 seconds, if you have the snow to blow If someone was to buy one i would recomend a 2 phase blower meaning one auger eaten snow and one auger throwing out chute