1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Front End Loader Rental

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by Jean, Sep 25, 2006.

1. Jean

Jean Junior Member

I am bidding on a large commercial contract for client in Fairfield County, CT that does not want to pay for a site-dedicated 3 yard front-end loader. This means that I can't take down a 5-month rental contract. The two rental companies I have talked to say that all of their loaders are rented out for 5 months come winter and that they wouldn't be able to help me on an as-needed basis.

Can anyone tell me if plow companies share loader contracts, or if they sub-let them. How would i go about finding someone to enter into this sort of potential arrangement with? Be second in line for use would be acceptable. Darien/Stamford area.

Any idea what the approximate rental cost/hour for one of these beasts is?

Thanks for any help!

newbie to this site, first post
  2. Jean

Jean Junior Member

I tried hounding rental companies to just quote me a price for a 3 yard loader on a daily basis..even though they don't rent them that way during the winter...I finally got a number $800/day including a $300 r/t delivery charge (United Rentals)...but they still are only doing 3 or 5 month contracts..I put my thinking cap on and started dialing for dollars in the yellow pages (general contractors, construction) and business associates...I have found several who will work with me, prices I got were between $1,000 and $1,500 /day, for a 3 yard loader delivered and operated on my location.

We won't need this thing unless it snows like the big one last February...but I can get one if I need it on a daily basis now...that's a weight off my mind!