1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Front end components

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by Willy-D8, Nov 9, 2006.

1. Willy-D8

Willy-D8 Member

I'm replacing the majority of the front end parts (idler, pitman, innner and outer tied rods) in my 95' GMC and was wondering if the price of MOOG parts is worth it? I understand they are a quality product but I can buy NAPA parts at almost half the price. Are MOOG parts worth the price? Whats a quality alternative?

2. SnoFarmer

SnoFarmer PlowSite Fanatic
    from N,E. MN

I believe Moog has a life time grantee..

3. Proscapez LLC

Proscapez LLC Senior Member

On my OffRoad 4x4 chevy, I was going thru upper and lower balls joints every year.
    Since I have switch to Moog, I'm now going on my 3rd year with the same parts.
    If you don't want to keep replacing them buy MOOG.

4. terrapro

terrapro PlowSite Veteran
    from MI

moogs one of the best, theyve been on all mu trucks. this is the cheapest place ive found and they ship real fast real cheap, i think they are out of wisconson :nod:

yes buy moog, you wont regret it

http://www.rockauto.com/

Last edited: Nov 9, 2006
  5. Rowski

Rowski Senior Member

Around here Napa has 2 line of parts MRC master ride chassis, economy line and NCP Napa chassis component, higher grade. Another parts store carries Moog. Make sure you are comparing the Napa NCP part to Moog. Moog also has what is called "problem solver" meaning if an OEM component has a high failure rate Moog will make that part better. Moog is lifetime warranty on parts, labor is only one year.

Under normal conditions and if grease properly I have not had to replace a Moog part.

6. jhook

jhook Senior Member

I have replaced a Moog part but not nearly as often as others, I use them.