1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

front drive shaft

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by rv34, Jun 17, 2001.

1. rv34

rv34 Junior Member

I have 1979 blazer and i need to replace the front driveshaft and in my area they are hard to find what i need to know what years will enterchange with my blazer I have full time four wheel with an np203 transfer case

2. Chuck Smith

Chuck Smith 2000 Club Member
    from NJ

I would assume that you have a TH 350 trans. That makes a difference as well. With that said, any truck that also has a TH 350, and the NP 203 will work. The problem, is that 1979 was the last year that the NP 203 was used. Your best bet is to have yours rebuilt. Call some driveline shops, they should be able to help you. I just got a rebuilt front shaft for my 80 GMC, and it was $263.

~Chuck
    www.chuckschevytruckpages.com

3. Chuck Smith

Chuck Smith 2000 Club Member
    from NJ

Well, just noticed you are in NJ too. That makes recommending a shop easier!

Which Westville? Near West Caldwell, or near Camden?

~Chuck

4. Alan

Alan PlowSite.com Addict

One of our parts stores here used to be able to get new driveshafts, complete with all u-joints and the price was amazingly low. You might do well to check parts stores in your area and see what they can offer. Particularly so in the case of a GM front shaft where the Cardin joint could be going bad on a used one.

5. rv34

rv34 Junior Member

yes i have the th 350 trans and i am in westville near camden