1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Front drive shaft messed

Discussion in 'Ford Trucks' started by bowtie_guy, Jan 29, 2005.

1. bowtie_guy

bowtie_guy Senior Member

Well the previous owner of my ford didn't like the idea of services. Mainly grease!!! So now the front driveshaft in my ford is finished. The slip yoke is toast, you can move it by hand up and down side to side about 1/2 to 1 inch.

Now I need to fix this but of course as fast as i can because if it snows and the truck is down that isn't good. I was wondering if anyone knew what would be best? Get one from a junk yard and hope it was maintained or get this one fixed if they can or bring it in and have one built. Getting a new one would be nice but prob a little out of my price range.

Thanks for any ideas!!

EDIT> Forgot the real "question" part of this post. My truck is a 302 with 4 speed manual so does this mean only a driveshaft from a 302, 4 speed truck will work or will an auto be the same lengh?? How about a 5 speed truck??
  2. bad dad

bad dad Junior Member
    from canada

bad dad

look it up on the net but if you can find a 89 to a 96 f150 it will fit
  3. MickiRig1

MickiRig1 PlowSite Veteran

Try a place that does Truck parts.Look up "truck parts" in the phone book. They are Dana/Spicer so they should have it or be able to get it. A lot of the big truck places have parts for the 1/2, 3/4 ,One ton trucks in stock.If you buy junk yard you get a pig in a poke,may work,but may be what you got now!