1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Front bumper facia on a 2000 2500

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by scottyknows50, May 14, 2010.

1. scottyknows50

scottyknows50 Member

I am installing a BOSS plow on my 2000 Chevy 2500 and the plastic on the bottom of the bumper seems to be in my way. Squishing the bumper a bit the mount sits 13" off the ground where the manual says it should be arond 15.5". Has anyone else run into this problem? Do I take the piece off and have it look funny? Any suggestions would be appreciated or if you could send me somewhere that has a pic. Thanks.
  2. RacingZR

RacingZR Senior Member
    from Maine

Most people just cut out a slot in the fascia........break out the sawzall.
  3. Newdude

Newdude Senior Member

What he said. Also, you could (if you havent already) turn your torsion bars up a couple (2-4) turns to give more ground clearance.
  4. SawHoss

SawHoss Member

2nd Newdude and RacingZR. If it's a straight blade, the height doesn't have to be perfect.
  5. wild bill

wild bill PlowSite.com Addict

well here is a 2001 2500 hd just cranked they bar's 3 time's and trimmed it till the vallance would clear the ear's on the plow with a roto zip to make the lines nice just marked it with tape and cut away .

6. scottyknows50

scottyknows50 Member

thanks for the pics- i don't know much about adjusting the torsion bars- can anyone explain how they work? will i need to get an alignment done afterward?? thanks.
    Last edited: May 16, 2010
  7. wild bill

wild bill PlowSite.com Addict

at the back of the torsion bars are small adjustment bolts ,measure were the truck Set's now if you have the mount on from the ground level surface to the center of the attaching hole on the mount .crank the bar's up to get the required height make the front end level .they torsional pressure to the bars that is a twisting force that lift's .and then you will have to have the front end realigned