1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Front Air Bags

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by TRITONSNOWREM, Dec 3, 2002.

1. TRITONSNOWREM

TRITONSNOWREM Member

Does anyone know how much air pressure there is supposed to be in the front air bags on an F-150

2. Chief Plow

Chief Plow Senior Member

10-15psi max...
    At least that was what I ran in my old 150
    Rick

3. SIPLOWGUY

SIPLOWGUY Senior Member

I put F250 springs in my F150 but I am thinking of air bags. How do they do loaded and unloaded?

4. Chief Plow

Chief Plow Senior Member

To be honest, I hated the air bags. They were a pain in the A%$ to install, even worse to get out. I went to my local spring shop, and added to the front what they called a 3'' lift spring. That seemed to be the ticket. Made a huge difference. I had an 89' and a 95' and the rear seemed to sit higher than the front anyways...
    Rick

5. SIPLOWGUY

SIPLOWGUY Senior Member

Rick, thanks for the heads up. I thought about springs with a lift. The F250 springs eliminate the "rake" with the plow off. What do you think of load boosters from tiboron?

6. SIPLOWGUY

SIPLOWGUY Senior Member

Picture

f150lf.jpg

7. Chief Plow

Chief Plow Senior Member

I have never had any experience with tiboron. The coils were so easy to change in my trucks that , I would just get the springs, and change them out. Price was cheap also, I got those 3" lift springs for $60 for the pair. Sorry I can't help more.
    Rick

8. SIPLOWGUY

SIPLOWGUY Senior Member

Thanks Rick! This is what it's all about! A few guys helping each out! Stay safe. Remember...SEAT BELTS SAVE LIVES!