1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

From last weekend.

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by bowtie_guy, Dec 5, 2007.

1. bowtie_guy

bowtie_guy Senior Member

Well I slacked last weekend and just took a few shots today of the pile and then my truck. Need to clean off the blade and spray it down before the next use.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Truck just started, real cold.
    [​IMG]

Hopefully next time I will have my camera and get some action shots.

2. Quality SR

Quality SR PlowSite.com Addict

Nice pictures. Those piles are huge. Those stacks are crazy. :dizzy: I want to do that on my truck.

3. Supper Grassy

Supper Grassy Senior Member

Those stacks are pretty high for a p/u

4. DBL

DBL PlowSite.com Addict

i love that truck i bet it will pull and push anything

5. bowtie_guy

bowtie_guy Senior Member

Thanks for the complements. This truck is just crazy to push with. My previous truck was an 87 F-150 with a 7'6" boss. No weight so to stack I'd have to nail the pile. With this truck I just drive into it slow and it keeps pushing and pushing. I just love it!!

Next storm I will take some pics in action and at other locations.

As to the stacks, dual mitre cut 5" stacks. From peterbilt. I didn't cut them that's the hight I got them at. Was thinking about cutting them down but then the exhaust sound in the cab might be crazy. It isn't too bad right now.

6. killed300ex

killed300ex Senior Member

cutting them down it deffinitly make them louder in the cab. Trust me my dodge has 5 inch mitres and they stop right at the top of the cab and it is really loud. Towing a couple hours north will give ya quite the headache. Either way nice truck. How you like the efi live? Someone locally has one and loves it really woke his truck up. With an intake and exhaust he was runnin 13.4 in the quarter :nod:
    Evan

P8190277.JPG

7. bowtie_guy

bowtie_guy Senior Member

killed300ex nice looking setup. I'm hard core chevy but dodge deffinatly sounds the best, like a real big truck. EFI Live is absolutly awsome, right now it's only a mild tune for the winter but in the summer I have a good tune. Before I rebuilt the tranny she ran a 9.08 in the 1/8th mile. My current problem is fuel pressure I need to buy a set of lift pumps. I hope next year to dip into the 8's. Naturelly a 8.9 is realistic now I think. EFI is nice because unlike the other program methods I can tailor a tune to my truck. It logs data also. Really happy with it.

8. Petr51488

Petr51488 Senior Member

Nice Truck! Does that front grill cover help the truck stay warm?

9. DeereFarmer

DeereFarmer PlowSite Veteran

Those are big piles. Nice truck. The stacks make it look great.

10. killed300ex

killed300ex Senior Member

I do love the sound of the dodge, but if I buy another truck it might be a duramax I was a chevy guy befor I switched to dodge. Everything I have heard about efi Live has been great. Is 1/8th mile all you guys run up that way?? Its almost hard to find an 1/8 mile track down here. I am more into sled pulling than drag racing as I have a 5spd in my truck. Nice looking truck either way and have fun bombing it :nod:
    Evan

11. bowtie_guy

bowtie_guy Senior Member

Grill cover doesn't really do much when the blade is on, I don't really think anyway. With no blade it makes a huge difference. Gets warmer faster and stays @ temp on the highway.

Up here we only have temp tracks which are 1/8. They close air port runways and run races. This winter I'm getting the safty stuff (drive shaft stuff) done so I can do some pulling next season. Unfortunatly closest pull is 4 hours away. Hope to do a bunch of the southern pulls. wesport