1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

From Ford to Chevy

Discussion in 'Fisher Engineering Discussion' started by DLS1369, Oct 13, 2009.

1. DLS1369

DLS1369 Junior Member

I have a friend that is going to sell me a fisher plow off of a ford f150. I want to put it on my 2door tahoe with a 5.5 diesel. Will it be easier to find the correct mounts for my vehicle or can I modify the ones from the Ford. Also what about the wiring harness how much modifying will have to be done. Thanks Diesel

2. 2COR517

2COR517 PlowSite Fanatic

Is this a minute mount? If so, push plates will be easy to find. What year is the Tahoe?

3. DLS1369

DLS1369 Junior Member

1996 tahoe i think it is a minute mount it is on a 90's model ford square nose

4. 2COR517

2COR517 PlowSite Fanatic

MM push plates are dime a dozen for those GM trucks. You can't legally put a conventional mount on that year anyway.

5. DLS1369

DLS1369 Junior Member

i tried to upload a pic of it i think it is my profile pic

6. 2COR517

2COR517 PlowSite Fanatic

I can't tell from that pic. Can you post the full size pic on the thread?

7. DLS1369

DLS1369 Junior Member

it is a cell pone pic how do you post to the thread

8. 2COR517

2COR517 PlowSite Fanatic

When you hit the reply button there is a paperclip button. To the right of the font buttons. You will need to upload it, then hit the paperclip button to attach it.

9. DLS1369

DLS1369 Junior Member

pics here

here is what i have thanks Diesel

plow.jpg

plow2.jpg

10. 2COR517

2COR517 PlowSite Fanatic

That's a minute mount, so you're good. That's a Regular/Heavy Duty. So it's a bit on the heavy side, especially with the diesel in a Tahoe. You will likely want to do some mods to your front end to help carry the weight better. Search for torsion, t-bars, timbrens. Plenty of reading and info for you. I wouldn't begin to try and mod the Ford push plates. You should be able to find some used pretty easy.

Last edited: Oct 14, 2009
  11. DLS1369

DLS1369 Junior Member

ok thanks for the info. I never owned a fisher before just western and hiniker and leo's.