1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

from Cloth to Leather the factory way

Discussion in 'Truck & Equipment Repair' started by powerjoke, Aug 7, 2008.

1. powerjoke

powerjoke PlowSite.com Addict

i got tired of the stains and bs......the light grey stains really easy and the black shows the salt. so i go tthe worst of both worlds lol....when i bought the truck i found out that you cant order leather or nav radio etc in a standard cab truck:dizzy:

i bought the factory seat covers from the local GM dealer for about $500and it took about 25minutes and it looks great.....so what do ya think

Last edited: Feb 10, 2009
  2. GMC Driver

GMC Driver Senior Member

Looks good!

How would you rate this on the difficulty scale? I have a crew cab with cloth - but would love to have leather. It just wasn't available at the time of purchase - plus I wanted the 60-40 split like yours.

3. powerjoke

it took about 25minutes and was easy easy to do. the total cost was $547

but it takes a really good parts guy to figure it out. it's not as simple as just saying i want black leather......they have to find a truck's vin that has the color and style you want. so make sure the part's guy is 100% confident in himself

4. JD Dave

JD Dave PlowSite Fanatic

Looks good PJ, I wonder why you can't get leather in a reg cab because you have the same seat as my crew cab. Must be nice to have all that extra money lieing around.

5. powerjoke

yeah rite like youre truck don't have leather?......you could afford to buy it when you bought the truck, i had to save up the money lol

PJ

6. toby4492

toby4492 2000 Club Member

Looks good Rick. :salute:

7. JD Dave

JD Dave PlowSite Fanatic

Leather is only $7 more/month! LOL

8. elite1msmith

elite1msmith 2000 Club Member
    from chicago

looks nice -