1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

From a GMC to my Dodge - What do I need?

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by TSG, Nov 8, 2002.

1. TSG

TSG Member

I'm interested in a 7 1/2 Meyers plow that is currently mounted to a GMC truck. Will it mount to my Dodge? What would I need and approximately what will it cost me?

The plow is 2 years old and in like new condition. What the most I should pay for it?

Thanks!

2. Garagekeeper

Garagekeeper Senior Member

Chevy to Dodge

No! The mount was built to fit the truck that it was mounted to, so you would have to purchase a new mount or have some one completely rework the Chevy mount. The control wiring should be the same, and more that likely you would have to do a head light moduale change over too. What year Dodge did you what to install this plow On?:rolleyes: John

3. WHITE=GREEN

WHITE=GREEN Senior Member

"From a GMC to my Dodge - What do I need? "

A Ford !!! :D :drinkup: :D

4. Kent Lawns

Kent Lawns PlowSite.com Veteran

Cost about $500 + labor to mount it.

Some if the new trucks have relays that could add additional cost.

I wouldn't pay more than $1000 for it and would advise you purchase on of the more "industrially" built brands.

5. Arc Burn

Arc Burn PlowSite.com Addict

$500 is about right but scratch the labor,ANYBODY with common hand tools can install todays plows,relays can be tricky to wire but take your time,follow the diagram,there's nothing to it!What to pay for a used plow?depends on were you are,what are similar plows bringing in your area$I'm looking for another fisher mm.They go for $1500-2000 around here but ive seen them cheaper in other areas.

6. johngus

johngus Senior Member

Hey TSG,what year is the GMC mount for?I currently have a mount for a mdodge and are looking to go to a chevy truck.possible swap if I find a truck real soon.How quick do you need to get this done?My dodge is a 97 1500.let me know.

7. Randy Scott

Randy Scott Senior Member

Your head examined!!!!!!!!!!!!:)

Just kidding, and to answer your question, I dunno!:D

8. Mike 97 SS

Mike 97 SS Banned
    from U.S.A.

Hey Randy, you sound like my mom, shes forever tellin me i need my head examined!!:D :D Mike