1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

from 810, to speedwing

Discussion in 'Blizzard Plows Discussion' started by wls, Aug 25, 2009.

1. wls

wls Senior Member

I have a 2004 810 mounted on a 97 F-250, and was wondering if I was to get a speedwing, or straight 860 if I would have to change out the truck side harness. Thanks
  2. Q101ATFD

Q101ATFD Senior Member

If you get a new 2009+ model, it won't fit because they redesigned the Power Hitch. The wiring harnesses are different too.
  3. wizardsr

wizardsr PlowSite.com Addict

All of the 00-08 harnesses were the same on the "HD" plows, regardless of straight or power plow. The very early plows had the solenoid on the plow, so those would be different. So, if you have an 810 on a truck, you can hook up to any HD straight blade (760HD, 800HD, or 860HD) or an 860 speedwing. The non-hd plows and 760 speedwing have a different mount, and the new plows are entirely different, so interchangability went out the window.
  4. wls

wls Senior Member

Thanks guys, I thought I read somewhere I could use the same harness.