1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

From 12-19 to 12-24

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by grandview, Dec 26, 2008.

1. grandview

grandview PlowSite Fanatic

We had a lot of snow snow and wind over the weekend . It was so bad you couldn't see the back of the plow lights on your truck. I tried to take pictures and video but the screen was completely white.By 4am Mon. morning I did start to get all my lots done worked out good because I started to pick off the ones that opened first and went through the list. Only had one complaint the whole weekend . Who would complain the most?:confused:

PS in the second pix there is a building 25 feet from that pile.

snow and xmas 08 010 (Medium).jpg

snow and xmas 08 021 (Medium).jpg

snow and xmas 08 023 (Medium).jpg

snow and xmas 08 031 (Medium).jpg

snow and xmas 08 029 (Medium).jpg

2. Quality SR

Quality SR PlowSite.com Addict

Wow thats alot of snow GV. How much did you get? Blizzards suck.

3. toby4492

toby4492 2000 Club Member

Almost looks the same way here. Now we have 50* temps along with some rain and thunderstorms in the forecast for tomorrow.

On edit: I never realized that Honolulu could get than much snow. :jester:

4. grandview

I keep telling you we do. Your company needs to send it's salesman who services Hawaii. Now who would that be?:confused:

5. grandview

I think we got over 20 inches but it was hard to tell with 50 mph winds for 24 hrs.

6. elite1msmith

elite1msmith 2000 Club Member
    from chicago

toby same here, i really am glade this warm spell is coming , i have run out of time, money , places to put snow, broken equiptment, and sleep

7. Lux Lawn

Lux Lawn PlowSite.com Addict

GV, thats a lot of snow man. Second picture you can barely see 20 feet past the hood of the truck. I will take more of the 2-3 inch snows anyday.

8. Grass Master

Grass Master Banned

Wow, 20 inches is definetly a pain to plow, slow to push and hard on the trucks. Where is the new truck?

9. grandview

Sitting in my driveway.If I'm using it that means something happened to my main plow truck.:realmad:

10. Ramairfreak98ss

Ramairfreak98ss PlowSite.com Addict

YOu know grandview, i always like most of your opinions and advice....

But i hate you now, i dont think we've seen piles like that in NJ for 4+ years now, especially not the last few, id have every piece of equipment working for a storm like that, im gonna go cry to sleep now:cry:

11. BMWSTUD25

BMWSTUD25 Senior Member

Grandview, that last pic those piles are huge! did you really do them with your truck?

12. green frog

green frog Senior Member

GV we had closer to 26 inches. I had murphy's laws following me around that storm. One plow truck had the plow go down twice and then blew the tranny in the other one at the end of the first night. Wound up snow blowing 24 driveways the one night and really wanted to quit.

13. ServiceOnSite

ServiceOnSite Senior Member

this past weekend was fun, thank god for the rain and 50 + temps. supposed to be back down in the
    30's by monday

14. tls22

tls22 PlowSite Veteran

Your welcome gv, i wish for it!:waving:

15. cet

cet PlowSite Fanatic

Those are some great pics. I like the one with the clear blue sky. Snow and wind sucks, don't seem to get much done.

16. grandview

Snows gone now. Almost 65 on 12/27 .With all the snow melting everything is flooded. Only bad thing with the snow melted it's going to take longer to plow the lots again.

17. hickslawns

hickslawns Senior Member

Funny!! By the way, I haven't even mounted 3 of our plows onto the trucks yet. Central hydraulics so i am not worried about them working, but we haven't needed them. Grandview please quit rubbing it in.