1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Frink, Everest

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by site, Dec 11, 2001.

1. site

site Member

In our town the DPW uses Frink plows on the one tons, and the director of the DPW laughed when I asked why saying that Frink is for commercial use, and Fisher, etc. are not. What's so cool about a Frink? Anyone?

2. GeoffD

GeoffD PlowSite.com Veteran

I own 6 Frink / Everest Plows and wings. These plows are built tough. However I am not sold on the Plow they build for 1 tons, I feel it is much to heavy. However if I was looking for a straight blade for an F 550, the Frink/Everest would be my first choice.

Frink/Everest Plows are often found on trucks above 26K GVW.

Geoff

3. GeoffD

GeoffD PlowSite.com Veteran

Frink used to be built in NY. However Everest bought them out, and they are now built in Canada.

Geoff

Last edited: Dec 11, 2001
  4. wxmn6

wxmn6 PlowSite.com Addict

My town highway dept. uses all Frink snowplows for plowing roads. The Frink plows are built tough and heavy with thick steel.

5. CT18fireman

CT18fireman Banned

My town ran the Frink blades on Fisher frames on older one tons. Now they have gone to the Fisher HD plows for the 550s they have bought. I had a Frink on an International and it was a very well built setup.

6. mdb landscaping

mdb landscaping Senior Member

our town has a lot of everest plows. looks like a nice beefy plow. my friend works for the highway dept, and plows with a new international 6 wheeler with an everest. he doesnt like it too much though. ill have to ask him specifically what hes got against it.