1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Fried solonoid

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by Dburd61, Dec 15, 2004.

1. Dburd61

Dburd61 Junior Member
    from Ohio

Last night I fried my solonoid plowing ,I asked the parts guy I bought it from what causes this to happen and said from a bad ground,it has a good ground ,
    If you run too many things at one time like the heater,lights ,plow ect... could this cause it to burn up?
    Thanks

2. lawnmedic

lawnmedic Senior Member

What brand of plow and which solenoid "fried"???

3. Dburd61

Dburd61 Junior Member
    from Ohio

It's a Mayer plow and it was the solonoid that all the wires run to under the hood

4. lawnmedic

lawnmedic Senior Member

Make sure the metal underneath the mount is clean. These solenoids are inexpensive, and I have a spare on board yet never had one die. Also make sure that when you attach the wires that you put a wrench onto the nut below the wire. you can easily damage the internal connections...

5. streetsurfin'

streetsurfin' Senior Member

When the bushings in a western motor get bad, it will draw heavy amps like a bad starter motor and do the same thing. Is your motor growling a little louder than normal?