1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Fri - Sat Snow progress

Discussion in 'Weather' started by sir spaniourd, Feb 2, 2007.

1. sir spaniourd

sir spaniourd Senior Member

there are 2" on the ground already NH- MA border!!:yow!: . Finally. News reported 1" at the most. i think they were afraid to say we would have more than 1" just in case but I think we may get probably 4" with this storm.
  2. mcwlandscaping

mcwlandscaping 2000 Club Member

Maybe they saw this site!!! I don't think we'll get the four, but, we'll see! It's enough to plow right now so, im just waiting for it to start tapering off and im gonna be out having a GREAT time!!!
  3. mike33087

mike33087 Senior Member

we are you sir spanoird?
  4. mkwl

mkwl 2000 Club Member

Just got in from plowing a few minutes ago stopped snowing about an hour ago, we actually got plowable snow this time in Northern, NJ...about 1-1/2"payup I finally got to plow my clients for the first time this season!
  5. imdawrlus

imdawrlus Member

thres about 3 inches in newbury mass right now...judging by accuweatthers map it looks like its gonna be snowing good for another hour or so....pretty sure i'll be out plowing.....who else is goin out?? u guys gonna plow at 2 in the morning or at like 6?? haha never got the chance to plow early morning before....nervous of makin peopel mad
  6. sir spaniourd

sir spaniourd Senior Member

Mike, I am from Newburyport. We got around 3". I am heading out. Good luck everyone.
  7. bdhunter

bdhunter Senior Member

Auburn Maine Feb 3, 2007

In Auburn Main about 6" so far at 04:20. Guess it will be a "plowable" event even if not "significant".

Some day I'd llike a real definition of those weather people terms, but hey, who's complaining.
  8. MSS Mow

MSS Mow Senior Member
    from Maine

about freakin time. :redbounce
  9. millratf250

millratf250 Member

purplebou :bluebounc :drinkup: my plow still works

ADMSWELDING Senior Member

No plowing here

No call here, the state will just salt down thru 2" here so i lose again.:mad:
  11. millratf250

millratf250 Member

:redbounce wow snow pic 02/03/07

12. PlowMan03

PlowMan03 Senior Member
    from Maine

Well I got about 3-4" here in Blue Hill Maine. Hey I'm not complaining, I was like McGuire Mowing was the other day......unperpaired......go figure.
  13. MSS Mow

MSS Mow Senior Member
    from Maine

Hey Plowman,

I just got in from Plowing, about 5 hours. Picked up a couple more drives today while out and about. A little extra cash never hurts. :redbounce Depending on which town, but I got anywhere from 4-6 inches. Definately enough to plow. payup
  14. PlowMan03

PlowMan03 Senior Member
    from Maine

You got that part right.... a little extra payup never hurts, that why I work a full time job then in the winter I get laid off and collect unemplyment and go plowing for fun until I get called back to work in the spring. I picked up a store lot today it's my local NAPA store, the guy that was doing it wasn't doing a good job so they got rid of him and my brother in law told them about me then they and asked me if I'd do it, I said sure why not.
  15. DeereFarmer

DeereFarmer PlowSite Veteran

Same here. They changed the prediction from a dusting to 1" to 2"-4". I was gone all afternoon yesterday and got home just as it started to snow. I didn't want to put the plow on the big tractor because I didn't think we would get that 2-4, so I was just going to use the lawn tractor. Well, this morning I put on the big plow lol. I remembered how to hook it all up. 10 minutes and I was ready. I treid to plow with the lawn tractor, but it was icy underneath.
  16. Embalmer

Embalmer Senior Member

I know wilmington had plowable snow, as the bastards plowed in my work van lol, but here in peabody and north on the coast next to nothing but ice mixed with snow for some color.