1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Fresh Rebuilt Meyer E60 - OVERLOAD

Discussion in 'Meyer / Diamond Products Discussion' started by AutonetIL, Jan 18, 2009.

1. AutonetIL

AutonetIL Junior Member

I just changed out my E60 (One ground) to a freshly rebuilt E60, bolt it on, connect the wire, top off the fluid and go... Right? No.

I power on the touch pad and touch any direction, up, down, left, right - the unit shuts off and the overload light comes on.

I jumped wires to the pump and motor runs and plow angles left.

Any suggestions for figuring out the problem?

2. AutonetIL

AutonetIL Junior Member

FYI, the new pump has the two ground set up and both are good. Old pump was operating fine as far as functions go, just leaking down.

3. Nascar24

Nascar24 Senior Member

Hi

Check the connections at the green, red, and black wires, typically if you have power out to the motor and it goes into default mode ( angles left) I have found these connections are dirty or loose, I run into this all the time. If your connections are good, then it could be a number of things that could be causing this, which you need to getter better expert advice.

Good luck
    Jay

4. AutonetIL

AutonetIL Junior Member

Red, Back, Green Connections

I checked the connections and nothing changed?

I did get it to work, intermitently while playing around with it? It worked left, right, up, down, and quit?

5. Nascar24

Nascar24 Senior Member

Well intermittenly , tells me its a bad connection somewhere, Do you have the big single plug connecting the plow to the truck, If so look there, they are notorious for dirt and corrosion, clean real good and try again. One other thing to look for, if you have a touch pad, check the wires going into the plug on your controller, they tend to get frayed or break with a little bending sometimes they will work, if that's the case you can get replacement plugs at Radio Shack for under five bucks.