1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Freezing up

Discussion in 'SNO-PRO PLOW AND ACCESSORIES by Curtis' started by Danr3246, Jan 22, 2014.

1. Danr3246

Danr3246 Junior Member

I got a plow cheap for my super duty and it always wants to freeze up. It's a little older plow and the fill cap is a brass plug with the brass beads in it I think I'm getting moisture in thru there. Once I get it moving after I warm up the resivoir it seems to work fine it had ATF in it when I bought it I drained it down and flushed it with plow oil twice. The original ATF showed water it was very milky. Is this fill plug known to have problems or am I over looking something I am thinking of getting a magnetic block warmer and sticking it to my reservoir. I would then make my own pump assembly cover has anyone else had these issues is there something else I can try. I'm getting frustrated. I have switched it over to buyers low temp blue oil. Thanks

2. amocerino

amocerino Senior Member
    from 01606

The bronze filler cap is made to be under the aframe cover so water doesn't go into it. We have a plastic filler cap that is made to be outside the cover. You will have to get all the water out of the pistons and manifold make sure the filler cap is covered.

3. Danr3246

Danr3246 Junior Member

Thank you I thought that filler plug was taking in moisture the cover that is on it has a big hole there which I figured there was supposed tone a cap over it I will have to make a plate to cover that hole and get it sealed up