1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

freezin up?

Discussion in 'Fisher Engineering Discussion' started by CNYScapes, Dec 13, 2006.

1. CNYScapes

CNYScapes Senior Member

I have a 5 yr old minute mount that stops working when it gets really cold out. I have drained the fluid out (including the rams and hoses) twice, and it still stops working when it gets really cold out? Any suggestions?

2. Marbleman

Marbleman Senior Member

Did you try cleaning/ changing the filters? What kind of fluid are you using? I have had good luck with the fisher fliud, pricey, but so far it works.

3. BigDave12768

BigDave12768 PlowSite.com Addict

Your gaskets are letting in water. Do you leave the pump outside? But going over to the Fisher is better. It wont freeze as easy

4. Antnee77

Antnee77 PlowSite.com Addict
    from RI

Electric/hydraulic Minute Mount? Get yourself a gallon of Fisher's EZ-Flow hydraulic fluid. Excellent flow even at freezing temps. I've seen it anywhere from $18-26 per gallon. Change the fluid once a season and a gallon should last you two years.

5. CNYScapes

CNYScapes Senior Member

I put the new fisher fluid in it a few weeks ago. It worked perfectly fine after changing the fluid (50 degrees). A week ago we got our first snowfall. I send him out, (25 degrees) he drives 5 miles, plows his 1st drive fine, then gets to the second and the plow would not move at all. It just wines like it is starving for fluid? I checked the fluid its good. So he drops that plow and hooks up to another MM I have and finishes his route. A couple days later (yesterday) its warm again (45degrees) so I pull the truck up to it, hook it up and it works perfectly fine? WTF I guess a little water could be gatting in there somehow , I dont know?

6. BigDave12768

BigDave12768 PlowSite.com Addict

[​IMG]

You are getting water into the resviour tank. Replace the gasket between pump and tank.

Part 50 I think is your issue on diagram 3

Last edited: Dec 14, 2006