1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Free Snow Removal

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by JMR, Dec 27, 2003.

1. JMR

JMR Senior Member

How many of you are doing snow removal for FREE? Why? I can understand a couple of freebies for friends and family, but I do this for a profit. Help me understand.

2. haligan125

haligan125 Member
    from Maine

I may do it for a cute single girl for free, any cute single girls that need a driveway plowed call me!

3. JMR

JMR Senior Member

Now that I can understand!!!!

4. Heron Cove PM

Heron Cove PM Senior Member

Business is business. There is nothing free. Family even pays. That's right it's not personal IT'S BUSINESS[​IMG]

5. haligan125

haligan125 Member
    from Maine

For what my dad has done for me he gets free, and for what a cute girl potentially might do for me she gets free!

6. acornish

acornish Senior Member

agreed --granted i only just found this site but ive been charging for over 10 years--and we a couple of guys up here by me in bergen doing that also free free-- man it makes it hard to arn a living

7. PLOWMAN45

PLOWMAN45 2000 Club Member

no freebies here :nono:

8. SWC

SWC Senior Member
    from VA

Theirs no such thing as FREE. Except maby mom and dad.

Everybody else pays or they don't get plowed.

A cute girl, I'd plow her, but the price for moving snow is the same.:D

9. Heron Cove PM

[​IMG]

10. haligan125

haligan125 Member
    from Maine

what about takin it in a trade with the cute girl?

11. sonjaab

sonjaab PlowSite.com Addict

FREEBIES

Hey..........I do a couple...My buds house across the street!
    Hes got that NICE WARM garage 24/7, jacks, BIG Hammers,
    Flame wrench...................

Just in case I smoke, break, bend something while plowing
    for pay.
    (He sez he hates to see his WIFE shovel!....LOL)

Oh yea the other freebie....I plow in front of the front doors
    of the local firebarn. During severe weather only!

A LOWBALLER got them again this year!
    Poor Service = Low PRICE

Rant off!
    :gunsfiring: ........geo

Last edited: Dec 27, 2003
  12. MickiRig1

MickiRig1 PlowSite Veteran

I do a 2 "free" driveways. They are 20 foot City drives. But they are not really done for free, I have the use of one guys Torch and Mig welder anytime I need it. The other guy lets his really nice Craftsman stick welder live in my garage and lets me borrow tools when I need the big stuff. They don't expect it, I just do it for them because they do me favors.

13. Lbilawncare

Lbilawncare Senior Member

The only thing besides our family that we did for free was our church last year. We didn't want to go down to the measly $65.00 an hour per truck that the other guy bid it at. Since the church had just been built and money was needed elsewhere, we agreed that they should hire them. They left more streaks than the Blue Angels, we went and re plowed it because we didn't want everyone to think it was our shoddy work. We got the contract this year though- at a much more respectable price.

14. Heron Cove PM

Re: FREEBIES

This really is not free either. Technically this is bartering.

This might be but I would still get the write off for charity work.

So let me throw this out. When I do some work for free and by chance I tear up $45,000.00 worth of equipment how deep do you think all those people are going to dig in their pockets?

Well, I know where I would be...[​IMG]

Last edited: Dec 27, 2003
  15. mjmstaff

mjmstaff Member

I do a friends home, business and his dad's house all for free. He owns a auto repair garage and he has never charged me for anything. Nothing for brakes, oil changes or tune ups. Just 8 weeks ago he called and said he was having a slow day and told me to bring my truck up so he change the U-joints before I had a problem with them this winter. Sometime there are more important thing than money. Just my 2 cents..

16. edrenckh

edrenckh Member

Believe it or not, I was shoveling a sidewalk (one I was charging for) and along comes a guy with a four-wheeler and a small plow right down the sidewalk. Pushed 8" or so of snow for me. I was hoping he was going to make two passes....;)

Definitely shortened my time there. He went around all of the sidewalks of the neighborhood.

I guess that's the only time he can use his 'toy' in the city. I take all of those freebies....

17. SIPLOWGUY

SIPLOWGUY Senior Member

I do my block because of my 2 neighbors the good guy lives on the end. The other guy gets a free ride because he is closer to the main road.

18. The Boss

The Boss 2000 Club Member

I've got a couple of friends that help me with my street rod project when I need help so I help them by doing their drives, but only when my accounts are done.:D

19. kl0an

kl0an Senior Member

So I guess we can modify the old bumper sticker:

Ass, Grass, or Gas..
    Nobody gets plowed for free

:nod:

20. Peterbilt379CJ

Peterbilt379CJ Junior Member

I call this charity work.