1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Free Ford to Plow With

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by MatthewG, Aug 24, 2009.

1. MatthewG

MatthewG PlowSite.com Addict

This is my uncles spare junker plow truck. It belongs to his business and just sits as you can see. It is beat-up and it has a junky Meyer plow and spreader. However, he just knighted me commander of plowing for this winter, so its looks like I just got a free plow truck to use at my discretion. I will be cleaning this rig up in the next few weeks as well as touching up the plow. Here are a few pics for now.

By the way, the lettering on the truck is coming off, we no longer associate with that company, the truck will be plain white and the rusty ladder rack is coming off.

2. EaTmYtAiLpIpEs

EaTmYtAiLpIpEs 2000 Club Member

Looks like the truck I just bought. but mines black and a 350.
  3. MatthewG

What do you think its worth, I dont know the miles, but I know its at least 100,000+, its on the second motor, its the XL package and the inside is beat???
  4. Grass Master

Grass Master Banned

not a bad plan cleaning up the truck, but I think i 'd tear into the plow first. when is last time it was used?
  5. MatthewG

Sadly, It was last used to plow with for the 08-09 season, I cant stand seeing it sit and rot, but it wa sout of my control until now. You can see the bed is just used for garbage window casings.

You right I will rehab the plow and plow pump first before I go hog-wild on the truck.
  6. Banksy

Banksy PlowSite Veteran

I'd say it's worth about $2000 as is. That will push some snow just fine.
  7. EaTmYtAiLpIpEs

EaTmYtAiLpIpEs 2000 Club Member

mine is a 95 ford f-350 xl with 140k on it. 351 engine. it has a 8ft meyers plow. it has a dump insert in it. it has minor rust over the rear wheels thats it. I paid $2000 for it all. So I would say yours is worth atleast around $1500 this fall. mine also has a ton of new parts, ball joints, tanks, tie rods, tranny, and some more. But I do believe yours with the ladder rack is worth $1500-2000 also.
    Last edited: Aug 24, 2009
  8. 02f250superduty

02f250superduty Member

go through the plow first. Then the first thing I would do is remove the running boards from the truck. I have them on my truck but I will remove them as soon as I can afford to buy step bars I hate how boards get packed with snow.

Just my 1/2 cent worth opinion
  9. affekonig

affekonig Senior Member

That's not a piece of junk by my standards... That thing should clean up fine and I'm sure it'll move snow around.
  10. Eyesell

Eyesell 2000 Club Member

Hey, you have to start some where right :p
  11. MatthewG

Here are a few pics of the plow laying on the blade. I guess this means the plow is slightly bent on the left side, what do you think? I don't think it is to big of a deal I suppose, it does need a new cutting edge badly.

12. stillen

stillen Senior Member

ur right either the blade is tweaked OR maybe just the floor has a small divit in it.. Grab a straight edge to tell fr sure... Nice rig... The best rig is a free rig i guess
  13. MatthewG

Hello again. I have not had much time to work on this truck however, I found a couple hours yesterday to start getting this truck ready. Step one was to clean up the bed and remove the ladder rack. The rack is shot and was rusted to the bed, not to mention filled with rusty water.

Next, I did a rough cleaning of the cab and glovebox, I threw away the last 10 years worth of registration and insurance cards as well as many years worth of empty cigarette boxes and general junk I found under the seat.

Last, installed a newere battery as it wouldn't start, but realized its not the battery, but problably the starter or solinoid or something, as it only clicks but wont turn over. :angry:

Oh and I found the receipt fromt he dealer back in 96, $24,304 included the plow and tax and tags.

14. Elite Property Services

Elite Property Services Senior Member

That plow looks bent to me especially the way the cutting edge has worn hey you cant beat FREE you should be able to get back close.
  15. 02powerstroke

02powerstroke PlowSite.com Addict

Its prob a starter try tapping it with a hammer while having someone turn it over. If you think its the solinoid jump a wire from the batt to the starter side of solinoid.