1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Free Concrete Blocks 2x2x6 -- Monroe, MI

Discussion in 'Used Plowing and Truck Equipment Forum' started by smoore45, May 11, 2009.

1. smoore45

smoore45 Senior Member

Getting rid of 10 Concrete blocks that I used for a salt bin this year. They are free if you can come get them all. Reply to the post, PM or send an email to: shaunm1980@yahoo.com. Thanks.

2. Cat Man 77

Cat Man 77 Member

Just an FYI these blocks weigh between 3400 and 3800 pounds

3. RichG53

RichG53 PlowSite.com Addict

A PIECE or a pallet load ???????????????????????????????

4. smoore45

smoore45 Senior Member

Yes, per block. They are heavy as hell, but work great for a bin(notched so they will lock together). I can no longer use the property for storage, so that is why I need to get rid of them. To clarify, these are 2 feet x 2 feet x 6 feet.

5. RichG53

Thanks !! Now that is much better!!! when you state 2x2x6 no one knows what that means !!!

6. smoore45

smoore45 Senior Member

I kinda figured that most people would know what kind of blocks are used for a salt bin on a snow removal website...

7. Milwaukee

Milwaukee 2000 Club Member

That is good for weight in truck for plow.

I let my friend know about this.

8. smoore45

smoore45 Senior Member

I don't believe these should be used for balast.

9. Cat Man 77

Cat Man 77 Member

I wouldn't reccomend a 2X2X6 for ballast. I have used a 2X2X4 for ballast on a f-350 stake body. But even that was pushing it.

10. Do It All Do It Right

Do It All Do It Right Senior Member

i am the one that uses these for balast i put them in my f450 and superduty trucks they make a night and day difference. with the blocks i was wondering if there is a way to load the blocks. my email is jmkr02@yahoo.com thanks joe

11. RichG53

Boy!!! That's a lot of weight .... I would suspect spring damage !!!! Maybe frame too !!!

12. Cat Man 77

Cat Man 77 Member

just from my own experience you will need atleast a 580 Case Loader/Backhoe to load and unload them. and all of this is to be done off of the front of the machine not with the backhoe part.

13. Milwaukee

Milwaukee 2000 Club Member

No I check it look fine

plus my 93 F350 used to have 6,000 pounds box for 197,000 miles it didn't break but I remove box and put regular bed.

Make clear that my F350 is cab chassis and JmKr02's trucks is cab chassis that can hold more. If I have regular F350 I wouldn't put that block.

Last edited: May 12, 2009
  14. cretebaby

cretebaby PlowSite Veteran

I use a JD 250 skidloader to build walls with those blocks

15. JD Dave

JD Dave PlowSite Fanatic

Not 3 high.

16. cretebaby

Yes Sir.......

17. Cat Man 77

Cat Man 77 Member

I've seen a Cat 272C lift those blocks 5 high. But they had about 4 counterweights on each side. That must be hell on the front end. By the way Crete you are ballsier than i am because i hate doing it with a backhoe, forget about a skid steer...

18. cretebaby

Just another day for the 2 fiddy

19. smoore45

smoore45 Senior Member

Still Available....

20. smoore45

smoore45 Senior Member

These are now gone. Thanks for the interest guys.