1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Free 89 XJ looking for CHEAP (or free) plow set up advise

Discussion in 'Jeeps' started by captntim, Aug 11, 2009.

1. captntim

captntim Member
    from Maine

I've been given a 89 Cherokee that I intend to use as a woods/plow truck. It won't ever see the road, so I'm not looking for anything fancy.

What plow set-up would you suggest looking for as I get this ready for winter? I'm an experienced fabricator, but my time is limited so I'd like to find a close match. This fine machine will get a set of chains on all corners and tube sand in the back...I'm still undecided if I'm going to weld the spider gears or not.

Thanks,

Tim

2. bdhunter

bdhunter Senior Member

I'm in Maine too (Auburn), and am selling my '92 Cherokee Laredo with a Snowbear (electric) Flexblade (poly moldboard) plow. Would consider breaking it up and selling Jeep and plow separately. Plow would do really great for your purposes, mounts onto a 2" front receiver hitch (pretty easy to find new, or fabricate with scrap yard parts).

Plow works great, electric up and down, manual left/right/center. Equipped with an older set of Meyer lights. Lift actuator replaced last year.

If you search this site for "Flexblade" or "big ugly switch" you'll see some older posts. The 'normal' Snowbear switch that is designed to hang on the driver's window has been replaced by 4 heavy duty relays (mounted under the hood) and a long 3 way toggle on the dashboard.

I'll sell the complete setup for $500.00 if you're interested. Feel free to email me at bdhunter7@roadrunner.com for more info.