1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Free 40# Salt on my Porch!

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by PremierLand, Nov 24, 2004.

1. PremierLand

PremierLand PlowSite.com Addict
    from detroit

Well I just came home a little bit ago from school (half day), and theres a 40# bucket of Landscapers Choice Ice Melter with CMA (what ever that means).... It has no return addy on it, or anything stating who its from?

Is this good stuff? and WHO PUT IT THERE?

because my thinking is, if there trying to sell me something and give it to me for free, wont they tell me where I can buy it at???

Its quite odd. But hey, im not complaining, free stuff is free stuff, just wondering how it got there!

2. RidgeCon

RidgeCon Senior Member

Oh that was mine I just set it there while I went for coffeee..... :) :)

3. PremierLand

from detroit

hehe... yeah i bet!

4. QMVA

QMVA Senior Member

I would guess a family member, friend, or a neighbor left it their. Better yet maybe it was a sign from god that you should keep your salt spreader. :angel: Couldn't help you on whether it works good or not.

5. Midwest BuildIt Inc

Midwest BuildIt Inc PlowSite.com Addict

You gotta love those people/friends that just give ya stuff when your not around. You always have to figure out where it came from...

6. cja1987

cja1987 PlowSite.com Addict

Was it your house specifically or everyone in the neighborhood. If its just you, somebody probley knew you could have some use for it or something, who knows. And yes you gotta love the friends/family/neighbors that just leave stuff for ya, especailly around christmas :drinkup:

7. PremierLand

from detroit

it was just my house, noone else on the block.... the funny thing is..... there are like 3 other landscape owners that live on my block and I didnt see any on their door step. lol. anyway its cool.... and its hailing outside right now, so im sure its gonna be snow falling soon. Although, I kinda wish it'd wait till next weekend to snow so I can get my plow first. Ah well!

8. cja1987

cja1987 PlowSite.com Addict

What can you do, good snow/bad snow, depends on the situation LOL. You will have the plow soon enough and it won't take you anytime at all to learn the basics.

9. Midwest BuildIt Inc

Midwest BuildIt Inc PlowSite.com Addict

Snowing now , the ground has about in inch.. gotta love free stuff, like snow,how about it.

10. mpflood

mpflood Member

Who?

Who do you know that just moved to a warm climate?