1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Freakin people......

Discussion in 'Business Fundamentals' started by Mick76, Jan 30, 2011.

1. Mick76

Mick76 2000 Club Member
    from Maine

Just a little venting. Whats wrong with people now a days? Heaven forbid actually WORKING LEGALLY for a living. I've had sooo many people want my snow shovelers position until I tell them its on the books. Then its like "oh, I can't do that" WTF don't you want to be covered by workers comp in case something bad happens to you?.... nope, all they care about is saving the $3 per hour they would have to pay uncle sam in taxes.....
    F@%K em ... First thing out of my mouth is "Its on the books, are you still interested in
    the job?". Now keep in mind my ads do state that but for some reason people have to hear it first hand instead of reading it.....

Thanks for listening...Rant over........
  2. YardMedic

YardMedic PlowSite.com Addict

Come on now... we're in an age of entitlement! They don't want to work, either... just collect a higher than average wage for not doing much.
  3. WIPensFan

WIPensFan PlowSite Veteran

OMG! Don't get me going.:realmad: Had one earlier this year. After he worked 2 storms he wouldn't give his SS #. I'm like why? If I show I made money I won't get my food stamps. Don't respond to the add then! I do everything on the books too, and I told him that. So, he was done.
  4. dforbes

dforbes Senior Member

The guy doesn't want to it to interfere with his new 50 weeks of of unemployment the government just gave him!!!
  5. bristolturf

bristolturf Senior Member

most of the people just want to save on the unemployment, if they are getting unemployment then they show they worked, they lose that money from that. Ya its unfourtunate, believe me ive been on that side of the ball, but there are legal ways of working around that stuff, you just need to be a little creative
  6. CGM Inc.

CGM Inc. PlowSite Veteran
    from Ontario

7. 2COR517

2COR517 PlowSite Fanatic

This is Maine. Everyone is taking the winter off from paving and construction.
  8. elite1msmith

elite1msmith 2000 Club Member
    from chicago

heck, if uncle sam was given me a check, and i was given the choice...A> make $500 per week, stay at home and sleep for a year... or B> get up at 2 am, break my back shoveling for decent pay.....Wait.... i get it , because snow isnt an everyday job, and either way as a worker or non worker will make the same...$500

so i will keep my sleep

Now with that said,....who's smarter now
  9. Milwaukee

Milwaukee 2000 Club Member

Agreed with this one. They are scare to lose their benefit if they didn't get enough snow and it very PITA to set again that why they refused to do that job until you give check or cash.
  10. WIPensFan

WIPensFan PlowSite Veteran

I understand all that but they keep responding to the adds and they are told up front it's all legit. They think you're going to change your mind on how they will be paid. I try to get an idea from them about what's going on in their lives, but they keep their secrets and then after they have been around a while it all slowly creeps out. I don't hold their benefits against them, it's hard out their, but I have to do what's right by my business.
  11. rcn971

rcn971 Senior Member

Here in NJ they can work part time and their actual benefit for that week goes up to a higher amount and their wage is subtracted from that higher number.
  12. clark lawn

clark lawn PlowSite.com Addict
    from NE ohio

i had a guy come talk to me about being a sub, he was nice enough to give me his wifes info so i could 1099 her so he could keep his unemployment. when i told him no it dont work that way he got pi$$ed and couldnt understand why i wouldnt do it his way.