1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Framers Almanac Winter 2009

Discussion in 'Weather' started by bike5200, Aug 20, 2008.

1. bike5200

bike5200 Senior Member
    from Ky

2. 06HD BOSS

06HD BOSS 2000 Club Member

"wet or snowy" for the northeast.... i bet i know which way my odds are favored

3. tls22

tls22 PlowSite Veteran

I love that forcast.....50% of wet or 50% of white, we have no idea! Althought buy the book, we have great articles about the moon!:rolleyes:

4. 06HD BOSS

tims, sounds kinda like our winter last season. when it did snow, then it turned to all rain at the end. 50% of each. :realmad:

5. tls22

tls22 PlowSite Veteran

lol Yeah they would not be wrong then! 2 inches of snow then 2 inches of rain, what a great book!:cry::realmad:

6. red07gsxr

red07gsxr Senior Member
    from meriden

so like last year...heavy snow fall warning and i wake up to start plowing to flurries.....its gonna be a great winter to plow.

7. 06HD BOSS

lol where was i during this heavy snowfall warning? :confused:

8. tls22

tls22 PlowSite Veteran

You dont rember that? We had a blizzard warning or somthing here! 10-14 inches of white gold, what did we get nothing, nada, zip!!!!!1:mad:

9. JD Dave

JD Dave PlowSite Fanatic

So this Framers Almanac, is it for guys that are learning to build a house . LOL

10. jkiser96

jkiser96 Senior Member

This prediction sounds good for us n the Indy area, but as usual I will believe it when I see it.:drinkup:

11. plowman4life

plowman4life Senior Member

whats the framers almanac predict stud consistancy for building to be like this winter. lol

12. creativedesigns

creativedesigns PlowSite.com Addict

:D LOL !!!

13. scottL

scottL PlowSite.com Addict

14. SE+C

SE+C Member

lets all hope that this forecast comes true we need a good winter

15. tls22

tls22 PlowSite Veteran

16. musclecarboy

musclecarboy 2000 Club Member

Yeah right, we were relaxing too much last year:dizzy:

17. scottL

scottL PlowSite.com Addict

I'm going to have to change my tag line to the heading of that story .... "CATASTROPHIC " It makes my pocket book tingle - not sure I have heard any future looking statements ever use such language.. ( Unfortunately, I believe they are coming to this title due to a combination of cold, snow and cost of heating ).

18. 06HD BOSS

Check this out. its the almanacs prediction for October. Looks like winter is starting early...

October 2008
    1st-3rd Fair and cold.
    4th-7th Showery weather.
    8th-11th Turning fair and colder.
    12th-15th Cold wind and rain, followed by clearing and continued cold conditions.
    16th-19th Pleasant weather.
    20th-23rd Rain clears in Mid-Atlantic States, then fair and cold. Squalls in New England, with wet snow over mountains, then fair and cold.
    24th-27th Fair initially, then showers spread in from west, especially for Pennsylvania to Maine.
    28th-31st BOO! A cold spell arrives in time for Halloween.

try and control yourself tim lol

19. gkm

gkm Senior Member

looking forward in plowing something more than just sleet this year:gunsfiring:

20. tls22

tls22 PlowSite Veteran

I Hope that does not come tru, im going to Bar A on halloween night! Its a indoor/outdoor bar, i would not want the girls to be discourage from wearing less clothes ebcause its cold out! Plus halloween is the only day a girl can dress like a slut and get away with it!ussmileyflag