1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Frame / pump cover

Discussion in 'Fisher Engineering Discussion' started by glennemay, Jan 4, 2011.

1. glennemay

glennemay Member

As if I have not come up with some already strange questions.

Preface this one by saying I have a retired 81 year old father that lives with me and is always looking for more projects for me to do. (Apparently I don't already have enough going on)

He was out looking at my MM1 9' plow yesterday afternoon while I was making some adjustments and came up with an idea of boxing in the pump and central hydraulics on the plow to "Preserve them" I know some units have plastic covers over the frame mounted pump, etc and was wondering if anyone had done that with the MM1 series, or if they know of any reason why it should not be done. He was thinking of building a wooden box that would fit in between the plow frame and cover everything on the pump. I was wondering if this would not restrict the breathing of the unit and cause it to overheat during operations.

Does anyone cover their head unit when the plow is not in use? does it help with anything?

Thanks in advance.

2. RacingZR

RacingZR Senior Member
    from Maine

I can't wait to be retired!!! LOL!
  3. glennemay

glennemay Member

LMFAO. your not kidding. I just want to stand there and tell my kids what they need to do while I sit back and watch.

4. RepoMan207

RepoMan207 PlowSite Fanatic
    from Maine

That's too funny!