1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Frame Mount Question

Discussion in 'Fisher Engineering Discussion' started by white_mts, Oct 7, 2009.

1. white_mts

white_mts Junior Member
    from NH

I got a conventional fisher plow (hydraulic, belt driven) from a friend who never used it, it just sat in his yard for 4 years. He got it from a friend that told him it came off a Chevy. My plan is to mount it on my 1994 Dodge RAM 2500. The pushplates didnt match up so after an exhaustive search I bought pushplates off a guy on the internet that said they are for my truck. Can anyone please provide a photo of the pushplates mounted to the frame of their Dodge RAM so I can see how they mount? Seeing a photo would be a huge help to me. Even if its not the same year it will still help. I never installed a plow before and I dont know what I'm doing. I a mechanical and have done major repair jobs on my truck so I do have the skills to tackel this job (I think).
    Thank you in advance.
  2. x.system

x.system Senior Member

3. white_mts

white_mts Junior Member
    from NH

Thank you for the reply but I think that is for a Minute Mount system. I have the old Conventional setup.
  4. GPS

GPS Senior Member
    from MA

I looked at Fisher's technical site, and it appears they never made conventional mounts for the post-93 Dodge trucks. http://www.fishersnowplows.com/publications.asp?cat=114

As far as I can tell, the guy you bought the plates from probably was incorrect about what they came off of, unless they are a modified set from something else.
  5. white_mts

white_mts Junior Member
    from NH

Thanks for the reply. I am almost positive I have seen the conventional plows mounted on Dodge RAMs post 93. But if thats the case I got the plow for free and the plates only cost me $40 so I didnt take too bad of a beating.
    When I was talking to the guy that I got the plates off of he said he had them mounted on his 94 RAM 3500, he said when he bought the plow it said it would mount on a 2500 or 3500 RAM.

Can anyone verify this for sure?