1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Frame mount on 06 F350

Discussion in 'Fisher Engineering Discussion' started by ZRT1000, Aug 24, 2006.

1. ZRT1000

ZRT1000 Member

Hello
    I am new to the site .. I have run western plows all of my life and have had good luck until the 8' poly on my 05 F250 .. Here is the story.. I was sitting in a driveway waiting for payment and I seen a spot that I wanted to push back, It was about 10' from the truck I rolled up to it quite slow and hit a rock good enough to stop the truck and It bent the truck frame down about 2", I had it straightend and it bent 3 more times. I have since took the plow off and traded the truck in.
    I have always been impressed with the strength of the fisher plow frame (over built for many years) I know they are not as beefy as they were. So my question is the mount on the fisher MM2 any better than the western ultra mount? .. When I took the western frame off the 05 I seen that it only spans about 16" back on the truck frame which puts all the plowing force at the end of the frame causing the frame rail to bend down, Does the Fisher span back further on the frame or have a different design? ..

PS. I know that something unusual happend wether I hit the rock harder than I think or that the truck frame was weak but either way I think fisher always had a tougher plow and I would like to try one .. Thanks

2. M&M Services

M&M Services Senior Member
    from midwest

All I can say is wow! 2 inches bent down? that is alot! We have no problem with our 05 F-250 and that has an 8'6" Western MVP hanging on it, hit a few curbs, sewer drains, no bending of the frame...But hey it could happen...I have no idea if the fisher frame is longer than the Western....I imagine they are all about the same length due to bolt access on the frames..

Last edited: Aug 24, 2006
  3. LON

LON Senior Member

4. M&M Services

M&M Services Senior Member
    from midwest

The frame mount looks pretty darn similar to the western one on my dads 05......

5. ZRT1000

ZRT1000 Member

Hey thanks guys.. I am finding out what I thought and what you guys said.. They are very similar .. I think I will try the 8.6" X blade ss.. Hopefully by getting rid of the 05 and the western my problems will be gone ..Thanks