1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Frame Height

Discussion in 'Boss Plows Discussion' started by 042500hd, Oct 8, 2008.

1. 042500hd

042500hd Senior Member

I'm goign to install a leveling kit on my 07 2500HD Classic along with Timbrens. I'm wonderng if someone can give me the specs for the maximum height the under carriage can be? Right now my frame sits at about 8.25" from the ground to the bottom of the frame, I hit curbs all the time and also some driveways. I have a Boss 8'2" VXT and when raised it's only about 5" off the ground at the corners just looking to bring everything up about 2". Installing the leveling kit to get that 2" should not require me to lower the under carriage right? That would defeat the purpose of the leveling kit. This is my first V plow so not having the plow stand to keep the height when I take the plow off the truck is what confuses me. Thank for any input.

2. bltp203

bltp203 Senior Member

3. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

No jack stand necessary on the V's. When detached and in the V position they hold themselves up. wesport