1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Frame height to high?

Discussion in 'Western Plows Discussion' started by The Lone Plower, Oct 26, 2010.

1. The Lone Plower

The Lone Plower Member

Ok, I've got a 2001 F250 SD plow prep pkg/stock suspension- wanted to have a new Western Ultra, 8' 6" straight blade installed.

Dropped it off last night, and just spoke with the dealer this morning. They say they can't do the install due to the height of the frame on my truck. Actually, they could install it, but it would not be warrantied.

19" ground to frame height is the maximum they said for installing, and said because mine is older it's almost 25".

Being a solo owner/operator I can't just up and get rid of this truck for another- plus I spoke with a few banks recently, and they are tight assed with financing right now.

Frustrated and wondering what to do now?

2. erkoehler

erkoehler PlowSite Veteran

Is there any lift or leveling kit on the truck? You can always have a good welder modify the mount for you

3. The Lone Plower

The Lone Plower Member

No, suspension is all stock. I removed the 6" lift this spring, and put the OEM Ford springs back on. It's also on stock size 265/75/16 tires.

The dealer said the same thing about modifying the mount- But if it's modified, no warranty will be applied. I'm not gonna drop $5k on a new plow with no warranty.

4. trqjnky

trqjnky Senior Member

buy a used plow for 2k and dont worry about it. get on craigslist now, before they are all gone.