1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Frame "Flexing"

Discussion in 'Meyer / Diamond Products Discussion' started by Harford13, Dec 24, 2010.

1. Harford13

Harford13 Senior Member

So I just put a meyer 7'6' plow on my F250, and maybe this is normal but I noticed when traveling down the road the pivot arm that the chain hooks to flex's up and down probably 1/4 to 1/2 inch.... My question is what's designed to flex? Is the movement coming from the truck frame, tube frame or both, and is it normal.... Everything bolts together so tight, I guess I'm just a little suprised it moves at all... I can only see the top three inches of the pivot arm over the hood so I have no idea what's actually flexing
  2. .5racer

.5racer Senior Member

Look for wore out or egged shaped holes. Another would be air in system making it spongey and bounce . The only other I can think of is the Whole truck is bounceing and not just the plow.
  3. Bashby

Bashby Senior Member

I was noticing movement between my plow lights and hood the other day, at first I thought my cab mounts and rusted out cab were the problem, but then I noticed that the hood itself moves up and down and it just looked like something worse.