1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Frame cost

Discussion in 'SnowDogg Snow Plows' started by MGriffin, Jan 25, 2011.

1. MGriffin

MGriffin Junior Member

Anyone know about what the cost would be for the frame mount for a 99 jeep wrangler and the wire harness. I have a md 68 plow. I'm thinking of selling my truck and getting a jeep. My truck is giving me nothing but trouble with the four wheel drive. GMC Sierra with push button 4x4. NEVER AGAIN that stuff is junk.

2. dognit

dognit Junior Member

Aint going to be cheap. Just got a quote from my local authorized dealer - changing from a 96 Dodge Ram to a 96 Ford F series- quoted me $595.00 for mounts and wiring harness. Must be a bunch of over-piad, over-compensated union employees over at Buyers, or maybe the price of copper is up there close to the price of gold. The mounts are about fifty bucks worth of steel, so the wire for the harness must be pretty expensive.

3. MGriffin

MGriffin Junior Member

I would think I could reuse some of the parts from the mount I have now. The front piece where the plow hooks must be the same on all the mounts.

4. dognit

dognit Junior Member

The actual attachment points of that piece would be the same but the length of the part may be different depending on the width of the truck frame. If the width of the truck frame is the same as the width of the jeep frame you would only need the right and left frame pieces. If not that cross member that the plow actually attaches to would be a different length either longer or shorter and would need to be replaced as well.

5. npi9181

npi9181 Member

have you ever priced a boss or western mount usually 100-150 more than snow dogg you will only need light pig tails and mount not complete harness

6. dognit

dognit Junior Member

Why would I price a Boss or Western mount? Its a Snow Dogg plow. Completely different attach points. Does me no good without a Boss or Western Plow.