1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Frame bracket for 78 Chevy

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by Dburd61, Oct 12, 2004.

1. Dburd61

Dburd61 Junior Member
    from Ohio

I need to know if a frame bracket from a early 80's Chevy truck will fit my 78 Chevy. I know the suspension parts are different ,I m not sure if the frame is the same width
  2. lawnmedic

lawnmedic Senior Member

I was able to mount a plow that was on a '77 Chev directly onto my '86 K20 with no problems... :)
  3. wfd44

wfd44 Senior Member
    from Maine

Frame and suspensions are essentially the same from 73-87 for half and 3/4 ton. Later than that for 1 ton, Blazer and sub.
  4. derekbroerse

derekbroerse 2000 Club Member

By 'essentially' the same he means from 73-80 the front edge of the frame (under the bumper) is rounded, while the '81+ version comes to a point on the top and slopes backwards. I'm sure that this won't make a difference with MOST plows and that if it does the difference will be minor and easily adapted. FYI the front bumper and brackets themselves are different for this reason.

If I had to guess I'd say it would fir right on.