1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Four year old MVP 8.5 will not work.

Discussion in 'Western Plows Discussion' started by 05Duramax073, Nov 13, 2012.

1. 05Duramax073

05Duramax073 Member

I have a four year old MVP and the damn thing won't work. The plow mounts to a 09 F350 with the ultra mount setup and the 3 plug Isolation module. I have power going into the module and coming out.

1. Replaced the module this morning with a brand new unit. Still nothing.
    2. Chased all the wires around the front, nothing visibly frayed/cut/crushed.
    3. Powered switch wire into cab is connected, but the lights on the plow control will not light up.

I am probably missing something. I have been looking at wiring diagrams for 3 days now. Starting to look all the same. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
  2. Jim@esitrucks

Jim@esitrucks Inactive

Is the motor relay clicking when you do a function with the controller?
  3. nealybird

nealybird Senior Member

this has to be an MVP+ if it's just four years old, with the little 4 pin connector for the control right? there are some fuses you prob need to check out.
  4. 05Duramax073

05Duramax073 Member

It is an MVP+. Checked the fuses inline that are right off the isolation module. They were mini 10 amp fuses, they were fine but replaced them anyways. Still not working.

During the summer the truck did have the cab pulled off for a cracked bed plate that needed replacement. I had some other wiring issues that I had to fix with the corner strobes and my bed rail lights. Is it possible they could have crushed or done something to wiring harness itself? Sorry I did not mention earlier. Been looking at wiring diagrams and chasing wires for a few days now.
  5. 05Duramax073

05Duramax073 Member

Found the problem. It was the power wire. It had been spilt/cut and then put back into the mesh. When tested it flowed voltage, my mistake was not testing resistance. Basically nothing but resistance. So we are good. Thank you for the ideas guys.